Business Ethics Keynotes
Hardly a day goes by without some new allegations of bad behavior (or worse) by companies and/or their officers. Even the allegation, much less the truth, of unethical or criminal behavior may result in millions of dollars in legal fees, loss public confidence in the business and, potentially, criminal liability. Certain industries are under great pressure to mitigate their exposure by providing ethics training to its employees.
Kevin understands the challenge of finding just the right speaker to talk about business ethics. In his prior roles as a certified public accountant with KPMG Peat Marwick and as a commercial real estate broker with Marcus & Millichap, he was given all sorts of training in industry-specific ethics.
However, that training was hardly applicable when he became the vice-president of finance for a real estate development company that became mired in complex allegations of bank fraud. In hindsight, his personal involvement could have been avoided if he saw the right warning signs and truly understood the risk of doing nothing.
Who really knows more about the consequences of crossing the lines from ethical behavior to unethical to criminal than someone who has been there? Kevin tells his story, and the stories of others, as real-life examples of the pitfalls and consequences of working in an unethical corporate culture.
Kevin developed his practical E.T.H.I.C.S. Toolkit to help all levels of the organization adhere to ethical principles and limit legal liability. He uses his emotional story to exemplify how E.T.H.I.C.S. traps can have life-altering and, many times, criminal results.
Kevin uses his E.T.H.I.C.S. Toolkit to provide ethics awareness and training to the employees and members of corporations, associations, and nonprofits. His ethics keynote presentation can be tailored to the client’s needs.
My Speaking Topics
“Solving the Ethics Enigma:
Cracking the Code of Right and Wrong in the Real World”
It’s easy to get into a situation where you think “this one deal” will end financial woes or put your company on the map. But doing things in gray areas just to survive or salvage what has been built are where drastic compromises seem to be an acceptable risk.
In this presentation, Kevin will share:
- What leads people toward unethical decisions in the first place… and how you can build safeguards in your organization and its employees to prevent “Stinking Thinking.”
- The 6 E.T.H.I.C.S. clues to solve the ethics enigma that can help all levels of organization adhere to ethical principles to limit their legal liability…
- What it’s REALLY like to cross the line into the “dark side”… and how life changes as a result
“From Fancy Cars to Prison Bars and Back:
Hard-Won Lessons on Escaping the Captivity of Our Limitations”
As humans, we struggle when our plans and hopes don’t come to fruition – which can lead us to see things in a way we never thought we would. In this startling and inspirational keynote, Kevin will help your audience find purpose in spite of – or through – suffering. While Kevin was physically imprisoned, he’s come to understand how so many of us are destined to crash and burn in life and then become imprisoned by the circumstances of our lives, whether it’s an addiction, a bad marriage, or a stalled career. He’ll share:
- The story of his journey from the adversity of being caught in the middle of a major criminal case and thirty-seven months in federal prison to his triumphant return to society.
- Could the ultimate value of troubles and recovery help others avoid similar disasters and lapses of clear thinking?
- The tools to free listeners from their virtual chains and inspire their move from adversity to authenticity themselves,
- How to shift thinking from “life is conspiring against me” to understanding that there are choices to be made every single day and how to make the right choices consistently…
- How to prepare when your hopes and plans are now in the past (and what to do to navigate uncomfortable territory)…
This keynote is the perfect inspirational speech to begin or end your conference.
Kevin Foster’s presentation on Business Ethics and Compliance is the most original and effective I have seen my career as a general counsel and law firm partner. Kevin succinctly captures how and why business executives fall into ethical traps. Understanding such traps is essential to avoiding serious ethical and legal issues, and Kevin’s presentation should be part of every ethics/compliance program.